Wednesday 10 July 2013

Nice Play: Hetrick casts turn-two Snapcaster

I think it's widely known that turn-two Snapcaster should be played more often, but I don't think many people know when to do it. Here's when to do it.

"Yeah, I think I'm on the Snap plan."

M1G2 of these videos, stuck on two lands, Michael Hetrick plays his 2/1 flash creature on his Scapeshift opponent's EOT. It's a chance to rule the board against a nearly-creatureless deck, and it's a potential third land via Path to Exile. Good play.


In M3G2, Hetrick makes another nice play by waiting to use Tectonic Edge on his opponent's upkeep.


The opponent was playing the "Sharfman version" of Scapeshift, with Peer Through Depths and no Primeval Titans. On Hetrick's turn, he played a Tectonic Edge and considered the opponent's open mana.
"I'm sure he has, like, Peer Through Depths, so it's not entirely an extra tun [gained by land destruction]. I think it's worth it.
"We're gonna pass, though, and do it on his upkeep, depending on if he Peers."
[Pass turn. Opponent plays nothing. Opponent's upkeep, use Tectonic Edge.]
"He didn't Peer. I just wanted him to not know if we were gonna do it, if he did cast the Peer."

No comments:

Post a Comment